Friday 29 April 2016

The national wax museum plus. Dublin


I visited the Dublin was museum on 9th August at the last minute as I have some time to kill in Dublin.  

I had read some reviews so wasn't expecting it to be brilliant and it certainly wasn't.  

I will briefly cover the museum then cover the chamber of horrors in more depth at the end.  

A few things to note before I start the photos.  It was 12 euros entry.  I was there ten mins after opening on a Sunday morning so it was very quiet  

The plus bit on the name is a green button to press in each of the rooms that plays a soundtrack and little explanation.  

The building looks very grand from outside but inside it is a maze of very small rooms.  There are signs to direct you round but it is easy to get lost. 


The entrance is impressive. 






There are a lot of Irish waxworks in the first room.  Then downstairs to the basement. 


Downstairs are lots of small rooms.  Not a lot to say about these so will just post some photos.  

















Next was the chamber of horrors but I will do that separately  at the end as some of the scenes are quite disturbing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment